Tuesday, September 20

Weekend food trip

Have you heard about coconut rolls? Try it and be the one to rate it.

Last weekend due to bad weather, we just stayed and before I got bored I ransacked the fridge to get me busy. I found frozen cocos and spring roll wrapper. Good idea I remember a classmate way back high school talking about her bro who cooked this. To make it sure I checked out the net and I found just only one site having this recipe. And so I tried with the leftover chicken breast and that was, I ended up munching crisply.

here’s the recipe:

young coconut, shredded
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chicken breast, flaked
1 pc onion, chopped
1 tbsp. cooking oil for sautéing
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white sugar
1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 T celery, chopped
12 pcs spring roll wrapper
1/2 cup cooking oil


Heat oil and sauté garlic, onions and flaked chicken. Add grated coconut and celery.
Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Place 2 tablespoonful of mixture in spring roll wrapper and fold tightly.
Deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot with vinegar and crushed garlic.

No comments: